How to Quit Smoking

Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Chris_Davis and more videos in the Smoking category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at www.howcast.com or produce your own Howcast spots with the Howcast Filmmakers Program at www.howcast.com You say you want to feel better, live longer, and even have a little extra cash on hand? Easy. Just quit smoking. To complete this How-To you will need: Paper and pen Gum and lollipops Willpower Calendar Nicotine gum Prescription drug Hypnosis Step 1: Ready yourself Ready yourself. Make a particular day your quit day. Don’t deviate from this plan. Tip: Psych yourself up by making a list of all the reasons to quit—you’ll be healthier, develop fewer wrinkles, have nicer breath, save money, and you won’t be subjecting people to second-hand smoke. Step 2: Write down smoking triggers Write down your smoking triggers. When you drink? After dinner? With coffee? Knowing what prompts you to smoke can help you quit. Step 3: List health risks List all the health risks associated with smoking—such as stroke, heart disease, several types of cancer, ulcers, diabetes, eye diseases, and osteoporosis. Tip: Remind yourself that there are more than 4000 chemicals in cigarettes, some of which are used in insect and rat poisons! Step 4: Tell friends & family Tell your friends and family about your decision. They can encourage you, plus you’re less likely

These clips are from the BBC: Horizon documentary series entitled “We Love Cigarettes”. The advice Allen Carr gives is pretty damn good, it convinced me (a 5 year smoker) to quit cold turkey. It has been a couple months now and I’m still going strong. Update: It has been over one year since my last cigarette and I have never been tempted to look back. I really hope this simple advice has helped someone else.

Here are some other E Cig resources you may find of value and interest:

Smoking on College Campuses with Electronic Cigarettes
In a new controversial push against smoking the FDA will require …
Ecig-forum.dk encyclopedia topics | Reference.com
Roll-Your-Own Cigarette Machines Evade Steep Tax – WSJ.com
Attorney General: Attorney General Warns of E-Cigarette Dangers …
Find E Cigarette Reviews and Latest E Cig News by Signing Up for …

Tags: ,

49 Responses to “How to Quit Smoking”

1. RAINZDOGG says:

@Actanius You mean the Nicotine put you in a state of mind of needing a smoke.

2. godsendmehere says:

thats all crap!if you want to quit just throw you cigaretes

3. idontevenknowaname says:

@leftylethborg that is a good i dead belive me i think of that all the time. i have spent so much money on smokes instead i should be saving it. i don’t make enough money to be saving for a car and smoking at the same time at least 140$ a month goes toward smokes if not more

4. leftylethborg says:

@idontevenknowaname

think about the future
    do you want to be smoking around your kid’s

calculate how much money you have wasted smoking
    you will find you have spent over 5 thousand dollars

stay away from friends and people you know who are smokers
    it’s hard i know but when they light up walk away for a few minutes

put the money which you have to buy smokes in other places example in a bank or buy other things so your not temped to buy smokes

this is how i quit hope it works for you

5. leftylethborg says:

its mind of matter i quit smoking

when you feel like a smoke think of something else

6. Cockaberry says:

i wish i never started smoking it is ruining my football career and i cant stop!!!

7. Iseenoevilx says:

Also used to smoke 40 cigs in about 6 hours now I’m down to 3 every day better then I was I guess

8. Iseenoevilx says:

Not as easy as it looks said by a 15 year only I wish I didn’t start but I only smoke when I’ve had a drink tried to quit lasted about a week or two but it got the better of me it sucks wish I didn’t start! ;[

9. CertifiedGooner729 says:

112 ppl can’t stop smoking.

10. CnRDirt says:

“easy, just stop smoking.” ITS NOT AT EASY AS IT FUCKIN LOOKS BITCH!!!

11. THENOSAUR says:

@ViolentDee53 , congratulation you just quit smoking cigarettes . Now smokin weed

12. idontevenknowaname says:

im only 17 going to be 18 in 1 month i have tried to quit smoking for like 3 years i started when i was like 11 thinking i was cool in front of my older cousins and this video doesn’t help at all anyone got any other ideas on how to quit?

13. angelbe88 says:

when I quit years ago I used plastic stir straws and cinnamon sticks. The lollipops and gum made the withdrawl worse because of the sugar. Also quit coffee first. It’s really bad for your health too. Worse than you can imagine. That way you won’t be amped up on caffeine when trying to quit smoking.

14. greensmoke2012 says:

i smoke used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day … now i can smoke anywhere i want

15. greensmoke2012 says:

i quit using an ecig green smoke use my discount at green smoke and save money too…..
    discount code: disc5-26246 or disc10-26246

16. trueemet says:

Read this blog and understand why smoking is so bad. +tips to stop smoking!

helpingsmokers.blogspot.com

17. rod3067 says:

@MegaAwesomeMe1 well, if you can’t convince her of quitting at least try to convince herof smoking habano cigars or pipe, it has little less toxines (it’s still toxic obviously), but don’t try to convince someone who’s not interested on quitting, i have never smoked (not as a habit) but everyone on my family does, and it sucks.

18. MegaAwesomeMe1 says:

@rod3067 well i dont smoke i just asked.. i know i wont be craving them unless i smoked i only asked because.. im trying to make my friend quit i lost my friend because she smokes im tryign to show her stuff to help her but she wont watch anything

19. rod3067 says:

@MegaAwesomeMe1 mmmh…………..then you´re fucked up….nah, there are some teas (they’re kinda hard to find) but they make your mouth taste like shit (literally) when you smoke, it’s not nice, but it’s effective.

20. lauchafsx says:

App for iPhone, iPad, iPod.
    ♦ Quit Smoking in 5 Days ® 2011
    - itunes.apple.com/us/app/quit-smoking-in-5-days/id447633422?mt=8
    Great Idea !!! – TOP 10 in Rank USA

21. MegaAwesomeMe1 says:

@rod3067 what do i do if my body is craving cigarrettes?

22. Xesstel says:

can i get a blow job as an another option?..

23. MINIMI95020 says:

people who “can’t” quit smoking don’t want to quit smoking. Its all about determination, and self control.

24. PSTRIPPLEE says:

@sammehf4 Because you no and you have that feeling soon you’re about to be influenced and boom that;s when your smoking life begins

25. eden2007 says:

My best friend quit smoking, now he sucks on my lollipop..

26. sxymelissannt says:

But i also must say I enjoy being a non-smoker. I enjoyed smoking but being a non-smoker is also pleasureable…there’s a sense of pride & a freedom.. I can breathe much better & smell & taste. I wake up feeling great, like i wana spring out of bed whereas when I smoke I woke up feeling exhausted

27. sxymelissannt says:

2 play devils advocate…There mst b something good abt cigs or it wldnt be so hard 2 quit & wldnt b so addicting. Watevrs gud abt it the anti-tobacco ppl will downplay…i quit 3 weeks ago but I’m still craving.. Doesn’t tht mean there mst have been something really good abt it?

28. RexBer says:

he is so right, I couldn’t see it when I was in it and I didn’t want to see it when I read his book, but it’s so simple – just by the mere realization of the facts & myths enabled me to see the whole terror I was subjecting myself to.
    Thank you, Allen Carr and may your dream of an avalanche come true!

29. mrstealthobservation says:

kids
    dont START quittung is VERY hard
    i started at 16 i wish i never because even though my parents smoked i didnt know what it was like and didnt think about it

30. funnyadvert says:

just say NO

31. funnyadvert says:

@ChubbyBe u r retard

32. 77chard says:

If you have the ability to reason, you will quit if you comprehend what is being said in this video.

33. greensmoke2012 says:

i quit using GREEN SMOKE …. its awesome now i can smoke anywhere
    green smoke is the best
    use my discount CODE: disc5-26246 OR disc10-26246

34. lauchafsx says:

App for iPhone, iPad, iPod.
    ♦ Quit Smoking in 5 Days ® 2011
    - itunes.apple.com/us/app/quit-smoking-in-5-days/id447633422?mt=8
    Great Idea !!! _ TOP 10 in Rank USA

35. LetArtsLive says:

nicotine is a strong drug why is there no rehab for it?You will have a serious withdrawal.It either quit or die.I quit crack.I told that rotten little rock i hate you.I think i need to say this to nasty rotten cigarettes and overpower them.Before i die and my boys have no daddy.Nor a caring mommy.

36. MrGoldfangaz49 says:

the music is a hit! It is apparent that it is all in the mind.

37. InDarkSolitude says:

Try VAPING. It is the ONLY way I have quit!!!
    You gradually step down your nicotine levels; but still feel the smoking sensation with a water mixed vapor.
    Search for E-cigarette tank systems on YouTube. Great advice out there……

38. doctorbasslayer says:

is it possible to smoke out of your anus?

39. biffbiff99 says:

I’ve quit about fifteen times. That means I’ve actually never quit once. Today is the day I try for the 16th time. I’ve found this stuff called diamorphine to replace nicotine. Jesus its good. Highly recoomend it.

40. SexyFish660 says:

3:56 I thought i started an acid flashback. FUUUUUCK

41. mmtaha1000 says:

I quit 3 month ago .I still have strong bouts of cravings.I agree with every single word he said esp that smoking reduces stress.In contrary my concentration has improved after quitting.Every time i feel terrible i go online and search for useful information and videos.

42. Hammersmith80 says:

Smoking does not help you to relax, how can it with so many stimulents and toxins rolled inside a thin piece of paper?

43. UKnowDatsPoor says:

Man, I quit for 6 weeks and it’s coming back! The addiction! Fuck my life, this sucks!

44. PortablePinoy says:

Fuck this i’m havin a smoke.

45. lauchafsx says:

♦ Stop Smoking in 5 Days! ® – Version Pro
    - itunes.apple.com/us/app/stop-smoking-pro/id444057877?mt=8
    Great Idea !!! New App 2011 for iPhone, iPod and iPad.
    - TOP 10 in Rank USA

46. tobysandford121doc says:

We are currently looking for people aged 18 and over to take part in a video diary project on quit smoking. Using Champix stop smoking tablets you will be asked to report on your progress over a one-month period. If interested, please apply via the Contact us page at 121doc.co.uk.

47. miro9963 says:

No really , stop smoking cigarettes , its not cool . Try WEED !!! :D

48. 1967mustanggta says:

I love to smoke.
    I’d rather smoke than be a cock sucker. But this day in age more and more communities would prefer a cock sucker over a smoker in apublic place. Absolutely amazing.
    I encourage everyone to become a smoke at adult age – better than be a fat pig. Cleaner and safer than living in a city.

49. JungleListSoldier says:

Day 4 is the toughest. I tried quitting several times in past and always broke down on the fourth day. I finally got to day 5 this time and the cravings are much smaller. However I am sort of cheating as I am chewing Snus 2 or 3 times a day.