E-Cig Mod 5 Volt Detonator DIY Part 1 using Protected CR123A’s

This is a how to DIY video that will teach you to make a 5 volt flashlight Mod for the Joye 510 electronic cigarette. The mod I teach you how to make I call the “Detonator” iut is a consistant 5 volts. Every time you vape the 2 cr123a batteries give you exactly 5 volt because of the inline voltage regulator. Other e-cigarette mods deliver 6 volt or more then slowly drop off as you use the PV, every hit the batteries become weaker and weaker slowly giving a lesser satisfying hit during use. The Detonator operates consistantly at 5 volt for the entire life of the rechargable protected cr123a batteries. This Detonator in the video has a red LED lit when the power is On and a blinking green LED when the attomizer is being powered. I take you through the process of making a 5 volt Detonator step by step, so that you can make your own. For those that don’t want to make there own I will make one for you- just contact me for details.

Here are some other E Cig resources you may find of value and interest:

Athletes and their smoking habits – latimes.com
Rüyanız-hayrolsun | Learn everything there is to know about …
allergy: Definition from Answers.com
brincarolinatoo on HuffingtonPost
Roll-Your-Own Cigarette Machines Evade Steep Tax – WSJ.com
BBC News – South Somerset company auctions rare cigarette cards

24 Responses to “E-Cig Mod 5 Volt Detonator DIY Part 1 using Protected CR123A’s”

1. queenkijana1 says:

I dont get it…. Why smoke something so big and bulky? I have a Green Smoke and the vapor from mine is just as much as his or more. Just my opinion. I just don’t understand. Plus he said its not safe…. Hmmm….

2. TdotGonG says:

are you still producing these mods?

3. wirehousetv says:

this thing can go BOOM! in your mouth, be careful. it might explode for real.

4. wirehousetv says:

BOOM!

5. MrJayVal says:

hi robert, i use the LM7805, but why is only 4.2-4.3 v read from my tester? should i use the LM7805A? or do i need to put .33uf and .01uf in the connection?

6. BaileyEFT says:

It’s a modified e-cig

7. dfg297lpopdirk says:

man thats some vape i had an e cig is that an e pipe ?
    if this is a silly question its because my audio is kaput

8. carinlynchin says:

yeah I think you were drilling vent holes or something like that.

I was wondering what would be the safest battery that would not go bad new york but also that would fit in the flashlight with high voltage?

also 1 more thing, could you maybe tell me how I could make this a variable voltage

9. BaileyEFT says:

vented? well if the batteries go bad they will vent battery gas and it is good to have some vent hole in the mod to let vented battery gas out… I don’t remember saying vented but that is probly what I was talking about. haven’t watch my vid for a long time

10. carinlynchin says:

what does vented mean?? and how does it happen?

11. BaileyEFT says:

pm me

12. danpd1986 says:

I’d like to buy a detonator will you ship to Canada?

13. jamisonashby says:

Hey Bailey what Ti reg are you using?

14. nomad636 says:

I’m searching for the TI regulator as well. What model is it? Would you please provide a link so that I might purchase a few of them?
    [email protected]
    Thanks!

15. opbill55 says:

hey robert… i have done a few flashlight mods now, but always have an issue with grounding… i have been just modifying the bottom switch and trying to ground my battery connector wire directly to the aluminum casing (at the top)… heck of a time getting a ground by soldering…. they end up failing after a couple days. how are you getting a good ground on these things?
    appreciate any help….  by the way, i used to live in carlsbad,,, where are you at? go chargers!

16. opbill55 says:

hey robert… i have done a few flashlight mods now, but always have an issue with grounding… i have been just modifying the bottom switch and trying to ground my battery connector wire directly to the aluminum casing (at the top)… heck of a time getting a ground by soldering…. how are you getting a good ground on these things?
    appreciate any help…. by the way, i used to live in carlsbad,,, where are you at? go chargers!

17. rippergary says:

I want to say thanks. i made my first flash light mod today cause of your Vids. Only 3.7 but thanks to you I under stood the board.

18. BaileyEFT says:

Glad you like it, I would love to see a some video of the one you built. Also, it would be cool to show others that you made one, and how it it works good it works.

19. BaileyEFT says:

@fallenhorsemen OK just contact me here- [email protected] I make all Detonatos custom- Pick out body colr, number of LED’s. etc.

20. fallenhorsemen says:

Well I would PM you except I dont have a clue as to how to do that. I click on your name but I don’t see any place to send you a message other than here. Maybe you could point me in the right direction

21. BaileyEFT says:

Yes, I can make you one PM me for details

22. fallenhorsemen says:

Don’t know if you are still making these but if you are I would like to order one. Could you advise how I can order

23. rewilkins2 says:

Thanks for taking the time to post these vids. I will make one now!!

24. 855h0le says:

I used the Solder Iron to Heat the bottoms of LEDs. They pulled off nicely. (The 3 AAA Battery pack) I KEEP those, I NEVER throw any electronics away. Shit comes in Very handy sometimes. The Regulator PNP right? I used Double Sided Tape pad to Hold down the Regulator when soldering.